Historically, many institutions sought to link advisory mandates (M&A, structuring) to the provision of funding which often resulted in compromised and onerous funding terms.
Symphony Capital considers the separation of advisory from balance sheet/financing as essential to ensure the elimination of conflicting interests and the provision of best available terms.
The incremental cost of an independent financing advisor is more than compensated for by:
- Ensuring the best available pricing (fees and margin)
- Delivering the best available structure (leverage maximisation and covenants)
- Providing the best available terms (flexibility, conditions and repayment options)
In the complex arena of financial services, we focus on our specialist areas of Structured Financing and Advisory. We add significant value to our clients’ businesses by tailoring our services to their individual needs and differentiate ourselves in the following ways:
- Symphony Capital is an independently owned and managed advisory firm
- Our bespoke mandate arrangements ensure alignment with clients’ interests and we structure their transactions to suit their own specific objectives
- The team has significant transaction experience with more than 100 complex financings completed and risk managed across the Structured Equity, Corporate BBBEE and Leveraged Finance spectrum
- Our expertise with LMA, GMSLA and ISDA frameworks and BBBEE legislation ensures seamless execution of the most intricate transactions. We also ensure the ongoing continuity of such transactions if needed. Our expertise and experience extends to clients in both listed and unlisted environments
- We intimately understand the risk frameworks and pricing dynamics of banks and other funding providers. This helps us deliver significant value for our clients
- We have broad and deep funding relationships across both local and international banks, private equity houses, Development Finance Institutions, financial institutions and major South African corporates
- Our art of structuring creates innovative proprietary structures that further enhance and unlock shareholder value
- Our independence allows us to obtain best pricing and terms in the market through our key strategic relationships. In this way, Symphony Capital achieves significant cost savings and improved lending terms by inviting best pricing from relevant players in the market